Long Weekend Is Here - Are You Ready For The Closest Idyllic Escape?
Christmas has come on the sweetest day - FRIDAY! So, if you have been stuck at work, and are looking for a long break since a long time; then it is here, and for this, you don’t have to beg your boss for a day-off.
Friday-Saturday-Sunday is a wholesome break from your dull and monotonous schedule. And, we have got you a place that is filled with getaways that will not only rejuvenate your soul but also let you find yourself.
So, book an outstation taxi from Shrinath Solitaire and go to the place we are talking about, UDAIPUR - VENICE OF THE EAST, or we may say, the place particularly famous for its lakes and royal forts.
Besides the archaic lanes of the old city of Udaipur, there is more to this city, which is, it has perfect road trip options.
Here are some of the weekend getaways in Udaipur that you shouldn’t miss.
You might remember the chapters from your school time that gave you a pictorial representation of what happened in Haldighati! It is the birthplace of the famous Rajput warrior, Maharana Pratap, who fought fiercely against Mughals.
The place is filled with traditionalist and historical knowledge and not to forget the Haldi or reddish yellow soil that is still evidence of the bloodshed!
It is a perfect escape for the weekend!
Things you can do at Haldighati -
- ● Go to the museum which has all the weapons, coins, and other vintage artefacts. Not to forget the bronze statues that depict the life of Maharana Pratap.
- ● It is just 40 Km from Udaipur, and you can witness the picturesque beauty throughout the trip.
- ● The hills and the temple located at a temple which is still unexplored by a lot of people. You can take a horse ride up the mountain.
2. Jaisamand Lake & Sanctuary:
You can hire Shrinath Solitaire’s outstation taxi to take a trip to the Jaisamand lake and sanctuary, which is just 60 Km away from Udaipur. It is a place that you must go for a weekend getaway from the hectic schedule and revive your soul again.
Jaisamand lake, also known as the Dhebar Lake is the second-largest artificial lake in the world. It has a history attached to it, that is, it was built by Maharana Jai Singh, the ruler of Mewar in 1685 to reduce the water scarcity in Mewar’s south-east.
Jaisamand is rich in flora and fauna; there are amphibians, a variety of birds, and a lot of other animals.
Things you can do -
- ● Go for boating.
- ● Go to the Jaisamand resort located in the middle of the lake for a beautiful and calming stay.
Being in the comfort of an outstation taxi by Shrinath Solitaire, you will reach a place famous for its heritage temples and forts, which is, Kumbhalgarh. Amidst the lap of Aravalli Hills, it is a great place to explore, when it comes to a long weekend getaway. It was built in the 15th century and has witnessed a number of wars between Mughals and Mauryas.
Things you can do -
- ● You can visit Jain temples that are constructed with elaborated marble carvings.
- ● Explore the vividness of the fort.
- ● There are resorts where you can chill and spend some time with yourself.
- ● Visit the Kumbhalgarh Sanctuary. It has a number of endangered animals like Nilgai, jackals, hyenas, sloths, and many more animals.
Kumbhalgarh is recognized as the second-largest wall in the world after the Great Wall Of China.
4. Mount Abu:
Just 164 km away from Udaipur, the mesmerizing hill station of Mount Abu that you would love to visit during your weekend getaway. Picturesque hills, beautiful climate, and a lot of natural lakes, the place is an epitome of scenic beauty. It is at the height of 4000 ft and a perfect fit for a long weekend.
Things you can do -
- ● Explore and visit different Jain Temples.
- ● Visit Guru Shikhar - the highest peak of Aravalli ranges. You will get a lovely panoramic view of the hills and lakes altogether.
- ● Visit Nakki lake. It is known as the place where the ashes of Mahatma Gandhi were immersed.
These were just a few weekend getaways from Udaipur. You can rent an outstation taxi from Shrinath Solitaire and enjoy to the fullest with your friends and family. A long weekend is a blessing, and you shouldn’t miss on enjoying it to the fullest before you return to your mandatory monotonous routine!
Also, if you want to book bus tickets for your future travel, we have all the options online. Simply visit here and choose the seat of your choice.